Saturday, January 1, 2011

Naazim Richardson: Pacquiao vs. Mosley is an all gladiator type of fight!

By: Albert Alvarez

Brother Naazim first of all let me start this off by saying that you guys beat the brakes off of Jean Pascal, so congrats on that. I realize the final tally being read wasn’t the outcome you were shooting for, but indeed was a masterpiece. Your thoughts on the Hopkins/Pascal fight?

NR- Thank you I appreciate, WE appreciate the fact that you and so many others were able to see and appreciate the work that we put on in that fight. Pascal is a strong fighter and all that but you can’t pull the same card trick on a man that has been around the block a few times.

After the 2 knockdowns especially, did you then feel that the only way out of Quebec with the straps would be for the eXecutioner to go out there and knock out Pascal?

NR- You got to understand that we were outsiders going into a very loud building. We were the visitors so knowing that he had the home court advantage we knew what we were up against from the start. After the first 3 rounds, X remained cool because X and I both knew that there were still 9 more rounds to be fought.

Exactly, I believe I gave Pascal the first 3 rounds and one other one, but from round 4-12, Hopkins put on a boxing lesson. In fact I recently saw the fight again while listening to Don’t sweat the technique, and it went perfect with the fight because Bernard’s technique was a thing of beauty.

NR- Great song by the way, good choice. There was even a time between rounds where I made it a point to tell X that we didn’t come all the way up here to come to the scorecards. X didn’t stop Pascal but X did put on a masterful performance. Pascal deep down knows what went down and I’m sure it aint sitting down with him well.

You now got Steve Cunningham next on deck in January against Licina right?

NR- Yes that fight gonna take place on the 22nd. Steve is looking good as he always does and he will take care of business. We got a little less than a month to go so everything is looking good.

Then in May you will have Mosley on deck against the beast that is Pacquiao. Your thoughts on that clash?

NR- Like I told you before, Pacquiao/Mosley is going to be a clash between 2 gladiators. People and writers out there can say oh well Mosley looked horrible in his last fight against Mora. Well Mora is no Manny Pacquiao, Mora did not want any part of Shane so Mora was out there not really fighting. Pacquiao on the other hand is a born fighter so he is gonna come to fight. Why? Because that’s what he does. Shane is also a fighter so it’s going to be a real fight.

Seems that the majority wanted Berto in there against the Pac-Man, but to me and nothing against Berto but that fight between Pacquiao and Berto is a 5 or 6 round fight. I feel Berto is not ready for a superstar like Pacquiao. Your take?

NR- Look man, Berto is a talented kid but I also agree with you that right now Pacquiao is too much for him to handle. He may not be ready to collide with one of the elites. And if Berto feels like he is ready for the elite, then Floyd is right there waiting for him. Go on and get yourself some. Berto is a good kid and you and I have talked about his fights in the amateurs against your boy Jesus Gonzalez, I was lucky enough to have seen all 4 of their entertaining fights. I even saw when Berto beat Timothy Bradley.

Berto beat Bradley? How was that fight?

NR- It was a fun lil scrap, but you see Berto is a bigger guy than Tim. Berto is a wrestler so he knows how to cut weight. But like I said, I wish Berto the very best but like I said if he wants to collide against an elite, Floyd is right there. Cotto may also be there as well.

Alright Naaz, I will let you go since I know how busy you are. But before I let you go, I want to add that Shane needs to take pointers from Hopkins because Hopkins is the king at fighting southpaws. I also want to add that I can not wait to check out the strategies that Freddie Roach and yourself will put into play for your fighters come fight camp and fight night. 2 masterminds on opposite corners. Thanks for your time.

NR- Bernard gonna definitely give Shane some wise words of advise. And I am also looking forward to challenging Roach. I’m up for the challenge. We have a lot of respect for Pacquiao and Roach, but at the end of the day we gotta do what we gotta do. Alright brother thanks for the call.

-diamondboxing

No comments:

Post a Comment