Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MOSLEY PREDICTS A KNOCKOUT EITHER WAY


Shane Mosley has told Filipino fight fans that in his clash with pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 7 “somebody is going to get knocked out.

Mosley, in an exclusive interview with Dyan Castillejo of ABS-CBN Sports told Filipino fight fans it will be a great fight because “styles make fights. He (Pacquiao) is an exciting fighter and I’m an exciting fighter. With the way we both fight
somebody’s going to get knocked out. That’s the beauty of the whole thing. People will come to see a good match.”




Mosley said “I respect Manny the way he fights and as a person and I know he does the same for me. I guess it will be cordial. We‘re both warriors and have that hunger to win and that’s what’s going to make this fight so great.”

Mosley conceded that Pacquiao who has won eight world titles in eight different weight divisions “is a tough fighter. A lot have tried and couldn’t. Styles make fights and hopefully my style will be able to beat his style. Its up to me to prove that I can do what I believe I can do.”

The 39 year old Mosley who is coming off a lackluster draw against Sergio Mora after losing badly to Floyd Mayweather Jr said he would train at Big Bear maybe for six weeks before the fight.

Despite his age, Mosley contended in his conversation with Castillejo “I have pretty good speed and power as well. I think that’s what going to make a good fight. We both have speed and power and are action packed fighters. He’s a boxer puncher, I’m a boxer puncher and I’m going to be coming forward.”

Mosley who broke away from his partnership with Golden Boy Promotions in order to make the fight which will give him his biggest payday said he and Pacquiao “both pretty much have the same style going back n forth.It’s going to be a test of mind and see who can win the war.”

He said he expects a war because “That’s the way Pacquiao fights. I’m exciting he’s exciting. It’s going to be the fight of the year for 2011.I’m going to go with what Pacquiao said. He thinks I can pull the trigger so lets keep it at that.”

Mosley told the ABS-CBN reporter “I need to go in right now and place some bets…some pretty good odds.” At last report Mosley was a 9-1 underdog.”

Asked whether the Pacquiao fight would be his last Mosley replied “Definitely not. I’m going to be fighting more but this is the fight that I need to prove to myself and prove to the people that I’m still one of the best.”Mosley praised Pacquiao and said he was “Impressed with his ability to go up in weight and be so successful. He is committed to fight 100 percent in the ring. A true warrior. His mindset is to win and be the best he can be. It’s the mark of a true champion.”

-philboxing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment